By Jordan Upton
Did you know. . .
● Children in foster care are far more likely to change schools during the school year, to be in special education classes, and to fail to receive passing grades than their general population counterparts.
● High school dropout rates are 3 times higherfor foster youth than other low-income children
● Only about 50% of youth in foster care will graduate from high school
● Over 40% of school-aged children in foster care have educational difficulties
How can you help?
● Donate school supplies so that students are well-prepared and have one less worry
● Become a school volunteer to support and encourage youth in the classroom
● Offer tutoring services for struggling students
● Become a foster parent and advocate for the most vulnerable children every day
If you’d like to get involved and help promote the educational success of these children, please contact AGAPE today!
Facts from the National Foster Youth Institute: https://www.nfyi.org/issues/education/